JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The FBI says it has arrested a fugitive in Florida who has been on the agency’s most-wanted list since 2014.
FBI Jacksonville division Special Agent in Charge Charles Spencer on Thursday said Rahmon D. Allen was arrested Wednesday in Jacksonville.
Allen was wanted for trafficking more than 1,000 kilograms of marijuana in a distribution enterprise associated with two criminal street gangs.
Spencer says agents received a tip about Allen’s location and, with assistance from state and local law enforcement officers, made a vehicle stop in Jacksonville and arrested him without incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Allen is being held in the Duval County Jail. It was not immediately known if he had retained an attorney.