ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A 34-year-old Florida father is accused of negligence after his 5-year-old son pulled a handgun from the glove box and fatally shot himself while left alone in a vehicle.
Jamal Daniel Todman was arrested Monday following an investigation into the October death of Judah Todman. Records say Todman bonded out of jail. An attorney isn’t listed.
Todman told investigators he left Judah in the car while he picked up his younger son at a day care center. When he returned, Judah was slumped over with blood on his head and the gun on the floor.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Todman told investigators he usually locked the glove box, where he stored the gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- 8 bombshells from Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony at Jan. 6 hearing
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
He is charged with negligent storage of a firearm and carrying a firearm as a felon.