KYLE, S.D. (AP) — Federal and tribal officials are investigating the fatal shooting of an Oglala Sioux police officer.
KNBN-TV says officials have identified the officer as 52-year-old Brian Gerard Garrett, of Kyle. The FBI says the officer has killed Saturday about 4:30 a.m. Saturday on the Pine Ridge Reservation during an apparent domestic dispute.
The FBI, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Oglala Sioux tribal police are investigating.
The FBI’s Minneapolis field office, which covers South Dakota, did not immediately return a call for further details Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
Information from: KNBN-TV, http://www.newscenter1.com