KYLE, S.D. (AP) — Federal and tribal officials are investigating the fatal shooting of an Oglala Sioux police officer.
KNBN-TV says officials have identified the officer as 52-year-old Brian Gerard Garrett, of Kyle. The FBI says the officer has killed Saturday about 4:30 a.m. Saturday on the Pine Ridge Reservation during an apparent domestic dispute.
The FBI, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Oglala Sioux tribal police are investigating.
The FBI’s Minneapolis field office, which covers South Dakota, did not immediately return a call for further details Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Information from: KNBN-TV, http://www.newscenter1.com