KYLE, S.D. (AP) — Federal and tribal officials are investigating the fatal shooting of an Oglala Sioux police officer.
KNBN-TV says officials have identified the officer as 52-year-old Brian Gerard Garrett, of Kyle. The FBI says the officer has killed Saturday about 4:30 a.m. Saturday on the Pine Ridge Reservation during an apparent domestic dispute.
The FBI, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Oglala Sioux tribal police are investigating.
The FBI’s Minneapolis field office, which covers South Dakota, did not immediately return a call for further details Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
Information from: KNBN-TV, http://www.newscenter1.com