LOVETTSVILLE, Va. (AP) — A 70-year-old man and his dog have died after a fire at a home in rural northern Virginia.
News outlets report the fire occurred Sunday night on Taylorstown Road in Lovettsville.
Fire crews from Loudoun County and from across the Potomac River in Maryland responded to the fire.
The home became unstable after the fire, making it difficult for firefighters to go inside and make a full assessment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- COVID kills a leading anti-vaccine televangelist; evangelicals don't want to talk about it
- Which booster shot is best? Study of 7 COVID vaccines pinpoints the effects of each
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions
- Michigan parents found in building; bond set at $500K apiece
The name of the victim has not been released.
Fire marshals were continuing their investigation Monday.