FARMINGTON, Mo. (AP) — A group of 166 co-workers at an eastern Missouri company are splitting a $1 million lottery prize.
The Missouri Lottery says in a news release that workers at the US Tool Group headquarters pooled their money in December as the Powerball Jackpot rose to $300 million. The company is in Farmington, which is about 60 miles south of St. Louis
On Christmas morning, Peggy Lunsford realized her work group’s ticket was going to spread some cheer. She waited until the next day to tell her co-workers their ticket matched all five white-ball numbers drawn Dec. 23. Although it missed the Power Ball number, it’s worth $6,024 for each winner before taxes.
One of the winners, Michelle Kemp, recalled that, “You could hear people from all over the plant say, ‘Yay!'”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH