PHILADELPHIA — A group of fans have helped return Philadelphia Eagles rookie cornerback Sidney Jones’ lost cellphone during the team’s Super Bowl victory parade — but not before taking a selfie.
Jones was with several of his teammates in Philadelphia on Thursday as they celebrated the Eagles’ 41-33 victory over the favored New England Patriots when his phone reportedly fell out of his back pocket.
A photo appeared on the player’s verified Instagram page shortly afterward that showed several smiling fans with the caption, “Guess who dropped their phone at the parade!” The fans promised to return it.
Jones confirmed his cellphone was missing in a post on Twitter.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
He later posted an image on Instagram of him among a group of fans saying he got his phone back with the hashtag “#RealLove.”