GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — A struggling Colorado busboy who returned $3,000 in cash that he found on the floor is getting rewarded with a big tip.
As of Monday, people impressed with Johnny Duckworth’s honesty have raised more than $3,800 through gofundme.com.
He found the cash Tuesday at Randy’s Southside Diner in Grand Junction, and handed it over to his boss, Randy Emmons.
The money was in an envelope behind a booth. There was also a bank ATM slip inside, and the bank was able to return the money to its owner, who gave Duckworth a $300 tip.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
Emmons told KKCO-TV (http://bit.ly/1QUtLNn) that Duckworth rides his bike to work, and his paycheck is garnished for medical bills.
Duckworth says he never thought of keeping the money, saying “I work for a living.”