LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck says two people involved in an assault outside Dodger Stadium that critically injured a baseball fan are believed to be a mother and son.
Beck said Tuesday that detectives had yet to interview the man who was injured late Friday after the Dodgers lost the opening game of the National League Division Series to the New York Mets.
The chief declined to discuss what may have led to the fight until the victim is interviewed, and he urged anyone who saw or recorded the incident to contact police.
Beck says stadium security has been significantly enhanced since a 2011 beating that left San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow with brain damage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends