SCAPPOOSE, Ore. (AP) — The family of a 20-year-old Scappoose man who died after returning from a summer fighting wildfires in Oregon and Washington says he died of complications from pneumonia.
Local TV stations report that Eric Aarseth returned from the fire lines last week and was sick but didn’t seek medical attention.
His family says friends found him unconscious on their couch on Aug. 28.
He was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where doctors diagnosed sepsis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Is it time to change the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’?
- Parents of accused Michigan school shooter have ties to Issaquah
- A white teacher taught white students about white privilege. It cost him his job
- Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, report says
- Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant
Aarseth never regained consciousness and doctors took him off life support on Monday.
Information from: KGW-TV, http://www.kgw.com/