SCAPPOOSE, Ore. (AP) — The family of a 20-year-old Scappoose man who died after returning from a summer fighting wildfires in Oregon and Washington says he died of complications from pneumonia.
Local TV stations report that Eric Aarseth returned from the fire lines last week and was sick but didn’t seek medical attention.
His family says friends found him unconscious on their couch on Aug. 28.
He was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where doctors diagnosed sepsis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The revolt of the Christian home-schoolers VIEW
- Family's Alaska fishing trip becomes nightmare with 3 dead and search over for 2 more
- Liz Cheney vows to stop Trump's 3rd White House bid
- Lawyers unable to find document Trump discussed in recorded conversation
Aarseth never regained consciousness and doctors took him off life support on Monday.
Information from: KGW-TV, http://www.kgw.com/