Colorado family that’s been trying for weeks to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
AURORA, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado family that’s been trying to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
Aurora Animal Control picked up the Abbato family pet last month after it escaped from the yard. Officials classified the animal, named Capone, as being part wolf and refused to return him to the family.
But Tracy Abbato told Denver station KDVR-TV that tests showed their pet doesn’t have any wolf in him.
The animal has been held for weeks and will have to wait at least a few days longer before going home. A court hearing in the case is scheduled for Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
Information from: KDVR-TV, http://www.kdvr.com