BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) — Family members say they’re still in shock over the death of a woman and her three young children in a Southern California Christmas fire.
Relatives say the victims are 34-year-old Maria De Los Angeles Bautista; 8-year-old Citlali Carlos; 3-year-old Andres Carlos and 6-month-old Pearla Carlos.
Their mobile home in Big Bear Lake caught fire the morning of Dec. 25.
The father, Jose Carlos, remains hospitalized for burns, cuts and smoke inhalation. Relatives say he’s confused and in shock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Seventeen-year-old Michelle Bautista tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise (http://bit.ly/1YGZEyY ) she was at her aunt’s home on Christmas Eve and watched her happily making Christmas dinner.
Michelle says she hugged the baby before leaving and urged everyone to have a good Christmas.
Investigators haven’t determine what caused the fire but don’t suspect foul play.