BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) — Family members say they’re still in shock over the death of a woman and her three young children in a Southern California Christmas fire.
Relatives say the victims are 34-year-old Maria De Los Angeles Bautista; 8-year-old Citlali Carlos; 3-year-old Andres Carlos and 6-month-old Pearla Carlos.
Their mobile home in Big Bear Lake caught fire the morning of Dec. 25.
The father, Jose Carlos, remains hospitalized for burns, cuts and smoke inhalation. Relatives say he’s confused and in shock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Walgreens not following U.S. guidance on Pfizer vaccine spacing
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
- How could police have mistaken a gun for a Taser in Daunte Wright's death?
- Americans may be able to travel to Europe again this summer. Their hosts may not be vaccinated.
Seventeen-year-old Michelle Bautista tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise (http://bit.ly/1YGZEyY ) she was at her aunt’s home on Christmas Eve and watched her happily making Christmas dinner.
Michelle says she hugged the baby before leaving and urged everyone to have a good Christmas.
Investigators haven’t determine what caused the fire but don’t suspect foul play.