BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) — Family members say they’re still in shock over the death of a woman and her three young children in a Southern California Christmas fire.
Relatives say the victims are 34-year-old Maria De Los Angeles Bautista; 8-year-old Citlali Carlos; 3-year-old Andres Carlos and 6-month-old Pearla Carlos.
Their mobile home in Big Bear Lake caught fire the morning of Dec. 25.
The father, Jose Carlos, remains hospitalized for burns, cuts and smoke inhalation. Relatives say he’s confused and in shock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- For Trump, 20 days of fantasy and failure
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- That Mysterious Monolith in the Utah Desert? It’s Gone, Officials Say
- Biden chooses an all-female senior White House press team
Seventeen-year-old Michelle Bautista tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise (http://bit.ly/1YGZEyY ) she was at her aunt’s home on Christmas Eve and watched her happily making Christmas dinner.
Michelle says she hugged the baby before leaving and urged everyone to have a good Christmas.
Investigators haven’t determine what caused the fire but don’t suspect foul play.