MAYSEL, W.Va. (AP) — Four people have been injured in a West Virginia house fire.
WCHS-TV reports the fire happened Friday morning in Clay County. Clay Volunteer Fire Department Chief Michael Scott says two children and two adults were hospitalized with smoke inhalation and burn injuries.
Scott says a family of nine lived in the home and that everyone escaped the burning building. One child had alerted the family to the blaze after waking up and smelling smoke.
Scott says a space heater may have started the fire after something fell on or leaned against it. He says the home had no fire alarms inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
WCHS-TV did not report further details.
Information from: WCHS-TV, http://www.wchstv.com