CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — Family members say a 1-year-old girl wounded in a Christmas Day shooting in Chapel Hill has died.
Ronneque Williams said by phone that her niece Maleah Williams died on Monday.
Chapel Hill police have said that Maleah was critically wounded on Friday afternoon after shots were fired from a vehicle.
The family says she was playing outside of an apartment building when she was hit by stray fire from a drive-by shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Former US Sen. Barbara Boxer assaulted, robbed in California
- Man pleads guilty to 4 Asian spa killings, sentenced to life
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
Police say they had arrested 22-year-old Shaquille Oneill Davis on charges including attempted first-degree murder on Sunday. He made his first court appearance Monday and was being held in an Orange County jail.
A message left with the local public defender’s office to ask who was representing Davis wasn’t immediately returned.