BOSTON (AP) — False reports of an escaped camel from a local zoo sent police on a search, and inspired speculation on social media.
The Boston Globe reports Boston police began searching for Zowie, a Bactrain camel who resides in Franklin Park Zoo on Saturday night. One person on the police scanner asked, “One hump, or two?”
Zoo officials say reports of an escaped camel are “false,” and are unsure of who called in a missing camel. One caller called police saying the camel was blocking traffic, which was also untrue.
The Twitter account “Boston Camel,” took off quickly, with the owner joking he was hiding out in the Boston Public Garden, and “they won’t find me.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com