NEW YORK (AP) — A large chunk of ice has apparently fallen from a building in Manhattan, crushing the roof of a parked vehicle.
It happened just after 4 p.m. Tuesday on Charlton Street in SoHo.
The fire department is at the scene and says there are no reports of injuries.
A photo shows brown, chunky ice atop the caved-in roof of the vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
The city’s Department of Buildings released a statement advising property owners and contractors to secure properties during snow and ice melt conditions.