NEW YORK (AP) — A large chunk of ice has apparently fallen from a building in Manhattan, crushing the roof of a parked vehicle.
It happened just after 4 p.m. Tuesday on Charlton Street in SoHo.
The fire department is at the scene and says there are no reports of injuries.
A photo shows brown, chunky ice atop the caved-in roof of the vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
The city’s Department of Buildings released a statement advising property owners and contractors to secure properties during snow and ice melt conditions.