ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — An arrest warrant has been issued for a 27-year-old man suspected of a fatal stabbing at a Fairbanks apartment.
Greg “Troy” Beasley is charged with first-degree murder and evidence tampering in the death of 47-year-old Guy Yazzie.
Beasley is not in custody. Fairbanks police say he is dangerous and likely armed.
Police took a call Sunday night that a man was bleeding inside a home in south Fairbanks. Emergency responders found Yazzie dead.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
Yazzie had suffered stab wounds to his heart, torso and legs and defensive wounds on his left arm.
Police recovered a knife they believe was used in the stabbing death.
Beasley is an African-American man, about 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall, 215 pounds (97.5 kilograms), with tattoos and a pierced left ear.