ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — An arrest warrant has been issued for a 27-year-old man suspected of a fatal stabbing at a Fairbanks apartment.
Greg “Troy” Beasley is charged with first-degree murder and evidence tampering in the death of 47-year-old Guy Yazzie.
Beasley is not in custody. Fairbanks police say he is dangerous and likely armed.
Police took a call Sunday night that a man was bleeding inside a home in south Fairbanks. Emergency responders found Yazzie dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Couple finds their luggage is overweight because of stowaway dog
- Meteorite crashes through ceiling and lands on woman's bed in British Columbia
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'We've lost the war': Idaho doctor says COVID is here to stay as state adds more cases, deaths
Yazzie had suffered stab wounds to his heart, torso and legs and defensive wounds on his left arm.
Police recovered a knife they believe was used in the stabbing death.
Beasley is an African-American man, about 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall, 215 pounds (97.5 kilograms), with tattoos and a pierced left ear.