FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — Fairbanks police are investigating the stabbing death of a woman on the city’s south side.
Police just before noon Monday received a report of fight and a possible stabbing at the Alaska Motel.
Fairbanks Fire Department paramedics transported 57-year-old Jeannette E. Miller to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, where she died.
Police have not released circumstances of her death, and asked anyone who might have seen something unusual around the motel during the lunch hour Monday to call authorities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, exemplary general stained by Iraq claims
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- At Alaska's most popular national park, climate change threatens the only road in and out
- Woman raped on train as bystanders did nothing, police say