ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Fairbanks police have arrested a suspect in a fatal stabbing.
Fairbanks police found Greg “Troy” Beasley at a homeless camp. He’s being held without bail. Online court records do not list his attorney.
An arrest warrant had been issued for Beasley in the death of 47-year-old Guy Yazzie. Beasley is charged with first-degree murder and evidence tampering.
Police took a call Sunday night that a man was bleeding inside a south Fairbanks apartment. Emergency responders found Yazzie dead with stab wounds to his heart, torso legs and arm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden's critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts
- Far-right anti-government group grows significantly, report says
Police recovered a knife they believe was used in the stabbing death.
Police received reports that Beasley was camping and searched transient camps. He was found just before noon Friday at a camp on the city’s east side.