KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas City felon accused of waving a gun around in a Facebook Live video faces a federal charge.
Twenty-four-year-old Deleon Reed was charged Thursday with being a felon in possession of a firearm. No attorney is listed for him in online court records.
A detective wrote in an affidavit that he used a video camera to record the Jan. 23 live broadcast while it played on a computer. The affidavit says the video shows Reed driving around with the gun and challenging people to try and shoot up his car. Police found two firearms in Reed’s car when he was arrested the next day.
Reed has prior convictions for possession of a controlled substance and motor vehicle robbery. If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie