MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a man was killed when two explosions shook near a police and fire station in southwestern Oregon.
The Mail Tribune reports authorities responded to two blasts Wednesday night near the Grants Pass Public Safety Station.
Grants Pass Police Deputy Chief Jim Hamilton says emergency crews found a man engulfed in flames and extinguished the fire by using a nearby sleeping bag.
Hamilton says the man was taken to a hospital where he died Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW
Investigators haven’t released the man’s name.
Hamilton said preliminary investigation shows two camp-sized propane canisters may have led to the blasts.
He says the explosions don’t appear to be connected to the police and fire facility but was in an area known for people without shelter to spend the night.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/