PITTSBURGH (AP) — Officials say one person was injured after an explosion at a Pennsylvania distillery.
First responders received a call about the explosion at Wigle Whiskey’s distillery in Pittsburgh around 11 a.m. Thursday. Authorities say the explosion did not lead to a fire.
KDKA-TV reports a still used to make the whiskey erupted, throwing back a worker a few feet.
The worker has been hospitalized with cuts and bruises, and Wigle Whiskey says in a Facebook post that he is in good spirits.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Kansas boy entered a unique insect at the state fair. It triggered a federal investigation
- A throng of internet sleuths are on the Gabby Petito case. Why has it sparked so much interest?
- As experts warn of brutal flu 'twindemic,' here are 8 things to know about getting your flu shot
- Senate GOP says it will allow debt default; Democrats rush to avert economic crisis | Analysis
- A TV meteorologist of 33 years declined the vaccine, citing personal freedoms. He was fired
An investigation into the explosion is ongoing.
Wigle Whiskey says their distillery tasting room is closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
Information from: KDKA-TV, http://www.kdka.com