GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in western Michigan is preparing to open an exhibition of sculptor Beverly Pepper’s print and drawing archives.
“Drawn Into Form: Sixty Years of Drawings and Prints by Beverly Pepper ” will be on display for a few months starting Feb. 2 at the Grand Rapids attraction. It’s the first public showing from Pepper’s archives, which were given to Meijer Gardens in 2016 and 2017.
The archives include hundreds of drawings, prints, works on paper and notebooks, including many containing sketches of her major sculptural works. The exhibition will feature sketches, studies, prints and experimental drawings.
Pepper says in a statement the retrospective is a “rare luxury and an unbelievable opportunity.” Her sculpture “Galileo’s Wedge ” has been on display at Meijer Gardens’ Sculpture Park since 2009.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Biden hires strategist Symone Sanders, adds diversity to bid
- North Korea issued $2 million bill for comatose Otto Warmbier's care
- Biden enters Democratic race with strong anti-Trump theme VIEW
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump