RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A former Virginia high school teacher accused of sending a naked photo of himself to one of his students has pleaded guilty to taking indecent liberties with a minor.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that Benjamin Brittain, a former economics teacher at Deep Run High School in Glen Allen entered the plea on Wednesday. His lawyer says he’s a “good guy” who made a bad decision and is very remorseful.
A prosecutor said Brittain, now 29, sent inappropriate messages to a 16-year-old student in early 2016. He left the high school after that year and was attending law school at Elon University in Greensboro, North Carolina when he was arrested.
Brittain faces up to five years in prison at his sentencing on May 23.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com