RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A former Virginia high school teacher accused of sending a naked photo of himself to one of his students has pleaded guilty to taking indecent liberties with a minor.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that Benjamin Brittain, a former economics teacher at Deep Run High School in Glen Allen entered the plea on Wednesday. His lawyer says he’s a “good guy” who made a bad decision and is very remorseful.
A prosecutor said Brittain, now 29, sent inappropriate messages to a 16-year-old student in early 2016. He left the high school after that year and was attending law school at Elon University in Greensboro, North Carolina when he was arrested.
Brittain faces up to five years in prison at his sentencing on May 23.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com