MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A high school’s 2015 teacher of the year has been charged with assault and battery on a student in his classroom.
Media outlets report 48-year-old science teacher Timothy Beck turned himself in to police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Thursday.
A police report based on the student’s account says Beck saw him passing a note and told him to stop, then pulled him from his chair and threw him back into it, hitting a wall.
Beck’s attorney, William Monckton, said other students at Myrtle Beach High School contradict the victim’s version. He says police didn’t have all the facts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Just how germy are airplanes? We put one to the test.
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect