MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A high school’s 2015 teacher of the year has been charged with assault and battery on a student in his classroom.
Media outlets report 48-year-old science teacher Timothy Beck turned himself in to police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Thursday.
A police report based on the student’s account says Beck saw him passing a note and told him to stop, then pulled him from his chair and threw him back into it, hitting a wall.
Beck’s attorney, William Monckton, said other students at Myrtle Beach High School contradict the victim’s version. He says police didn’t have all the facts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground