MILLSBORO, Md. (AP) — The Delaware state auditor has found that a former treasurer misappropriated nearly $120,000 from the Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad.
News outlets cite public records identifying her as Heather McCabe.
State Auditor Tom Wagner’s investigation found nearly $2,000 of it paid utility bills for her then-husband, squad board president Raymond Johnson.
Squad financial adviser Gerald Burbage says only $109,630 was taken and returned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
The findings were sent to the Attorney General for possible persecution.