MILLSBORO, Md. (AP) — The Delaware state auditor has found that a former treasurer misappropriated nearly $120,000 from the Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad.
News outlets cite public records identifying her as Heather McCabe.
State Auditor Tom Wagner’s investigation found nearly $2,000 of it paid utility bills for her then-husband, squad board president Raymond Johnson.
Squad financial adviser Gerald Burbage says only $109,630 was taken and returned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
The findings were sent to the Attorney General for possible persecution.