MILLSBORO, Md. (AP) — The Delaware state auditor has found that a former treasurer misappropriated nearly $120,000 from the Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad.
News outlets cite public records identifying her as Heather McCabe.
State Auditor Tom Wagner’s investigation found nearly $2,000 of it paid utility bills for her then-husband, squad board president Raymond Johnson.
Squad financial adviser Gerald Burbage says only $109,630 was taken and returned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
The findings were sent to the Attorney General for possible persecution.