MILLSBORO, Md. (AP) — The Delaware state auditor has found that a former treasurer misappropriated nearly $120,000 from the Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad.
News outlets cite public records identifying her as Heather McCabe.
State Auditor Tom Wagner’s investigation found nearly $2,000 of it paid utility bills for her then-husband, squad board president Raymond Johnson.
Squad financial adviser Gerald Burbage says only $109,630 was taken and returned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
The findings were sent to the Attorney General for possible persecution.