CLEVELAND (AP) — A former Cleveland television reporter has died at age 38.
Kathleen Cochrane DePiero formerly worked at WJW-TV, known in the area as Fox 8. The television station reports that DePiero died Saturday after a brief illness.
DePiero worked at the station beginning in 2005 before stepping away from her career to spend time with her children, 7-year-old Blake and 5-year-old Hadley.
She most recently worked for the station on special assignment during the 2016 Republican National Convention, held in Cleveland.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
WJW news director Andy Fishman said the station is “heartbroken” at the loss of a reporter described as “hard-working, determined and thorough.”
DePiero’s husband, Dean DePiero, is a former Democratic state lawmaker and a former mayor of Parma.
Information from: WJW-TV, http://www.fox8.com