GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say an ex-Phoenix police officer and his wife have been indicted on murder and child abuse charges in the death of his 7-year-old daughter.
Goodyear police say 38-year-old Germayne Cunningham and 48-year-old Lisa Cunningham haven’t been arrested yet, but are expected to appear before a judge later this month.
Police records show Sanaa Cunningham was rushed to an urgent care center in February and reportedly had bruises and scratches all over her body.
She later died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Oregon, scientists find a coronavirus variant with a worrying mutation
- A Mexican restaurant in Texas kept its mask rule. People threatened to call ICE on the staff.
- 'Three of us in this marriage': 26 years after Princess Diana's interview with Martin Bashir, the world awaits her son Prince Harry's interview with Oprah
- Biden Endorses Female Generals Whose Promotions Were Delayed Over Fears of Trump’s Reaction
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
After a 10-month investigation, police submitted charges to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and the Cunninghams were indicted by a grand jury on 10 counts of child abuse and one count of first-degree murder.
Germayne Cunningham was the child’s biological father. He was with Phoenix police for 12 years before resigning in September.