KENMORE, N.Y. (AP) — A Buffalo-area hospital has received a $2.3 million donation bequeathed by a former patient who lived near the facility.
Officials at Kenmore Mercy Hospital say the bequest came last month from the late John Repetski, who died a year ago this week at age 86. The Buffalo native lived for many years near the hospital before moving to nearby suburban Getzville.
Kenmore Mercy officials say the Marine Corps veteran and General Motors retiree was a patient several times and became a friend to the hospital employees and its foundation staff through his earlier donations.
The $2.3 million gift is the largest donation in the hospital’s 65-year history.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Trump’s troubles worsen: 6 legal landmines facing the ex-president
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?