OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A former Omaha child care provider accused of abusing a 4-year-old girl in her care and later arrested in Iowa has been sentenced to two years in prison.
Television station KETV reports that 59-year-old Lynn Rowe was sentenced Tuesday in Douglas County District Court for child abuse.
Rowe had pleaded no contest to the charge in November.
Police say the girl’s parents reported last April that Rowe had abused their daughter while the girl was at Rowe’s day care. Officials say the report was made after a worker at the day care recorded Rowe hitting the girl. Rowe was being sought on an arrest warrant when she turned up in Missouri Valley, Iowa, where she was arrested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services shut down Lynn’s Learning Center.
Information from: KETV-TV, http://www.ketv.com