NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A former U.S. Navy Seal has been sentenced for producing images of child sexual abuse.
News outlets quote a U.S. attorney’s office statement as saying 32-year-old Gregory Kyle Seerden was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in prison, 25 years of supervised release, and fined $10,000 for producing images of child sexual abuse.
According to a statement of facts filed with the plea agreement, the investigation into Seerden began after a woman reported that he sexually assaulted her.
A digital forensic examiner found child pornography images after NCIS agents seized and searched Seerden’s iPhone. Further analysis confirmed several images and videos of child pornography.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Seerden is also charged in San Diego. Court documents show the accusations involve a minor Seerden knew and the recording of sexual abuse involving the child on an iPhone.