NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A former U.S. Navy Seal has been sentenced for producing images of child sexual abuse.
News outlets quote a U.S. attorney’s office statement as saying 32-year-old Gregory Kyle Seerden was sentenced Thursday to 27 years in prison, 25 years of supervised release, and fined $10,000 for producing images of child sexual abuse.
According to a statement of facts filed with the plea agreement, the investigation into Seerden began after a woman reported that he sexually assaulted her.
A digital forensic examiner found child pornography images after NCIS agents seized and searched Seerden’s iPhone. Further analysis confirmed several images and videos of child pornography.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Seerden is also charged in San Diego. Court documents show the accusations involve a minor Seerden knew and the recording of sexual abuse involving the child on an iPhone.