POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A former Pennsylvania high school teacher has been ordered to stand trial on charges of inappropriate contact with a 16-year-old student.
The Reading Eagle (http://bit.ly/2h1r18t ) reports that 38-year-old Melissa Bonkoski waived a hearing Monday in court. The Glenside woman has been charged with institutional sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors.
Chester County prosecutors allege that the former Owen J. Roberts High School teacher, who has resigned, started communicating outside of class with a male student who was in her science class during his freshman year. They allege she kissed him multiple times in her car and assaulted him at her home in December. An investigation began when the victim’s girlfriend discovered texts from Bonkoski.
Bonkoski’s attorney didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/