CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A former St. Louis-area teacher will be on five years of probation for having sex with a student younger than 17.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 39-year-old Jared Lehnhoff-Bell was sentenced Friday on one count of statutory rape. Two other felonies were dropped as part of the plea agreement.
Lehnhoff-Bell was a social studies teacher at Ritenour High School.
Prosecutors say he had sex with a 16-year-old student at Lehnhoff-Bell’s home in St. John in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Authorities said when police went to his home to arrest him, Lehnhoff-Bell appeared to be planning to leave the city.
Lehnhoff-Bell was also sentenced to 90 days “shock time,” which he has already served. He must also register as a sex offender.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com