GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — A former Grand Island police officer is scheduled to be sentenced May 4 after making a plea deal with prosecutors on an assault charge.
Court records say 31-year-old Michael Lyon pleaded no contest Thursday in Hall County Court to attempted misdemeanor assault after prosecutors lowered the charge from misdemeanor assault.
Police have said Lyon assaulted the woman the night of Oct. 30 in a Grand Island residence. Police say the assault was not “a domestic offense.”
Lyon has since left the department.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico