GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — A former Grand Island police officer is scheduled to be sentenced May 4 after making a plea deal with prosecutors on an assault charge.
Court records say 31-year-old Michael Lyon pleaded no contest Thursday in Hall County Court to attempted misdemeanor assault after prosecutors lowered the charge from misdemeanor assault.
Police have said Lyon assaulted the woman the night of Oct. 30 in a Grand Island residence. Police say the assault was not “a domestic offense.”
Lyon has since left the department.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'