JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A former Florida police officer has been sentenced to life in prison for paying a Texas woman to sexually abuse her toddler daughter and send photos to him.
A U.S. Attorney’s Office news release says former Jacksonville officer Michael Eugene Williams was sentenced Monday. He pleaded guilty last June to sex trafficking of a child.
Federal prosecutors say the 61-year-old Williams asked the woman to photograph the sexual abuse of her then-3-year-old daughter and to sell the images to him.
The investigation began after the sheriff’s office received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. A search of Williams’ house uncovered hundreds of child pornography images and videos.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
The woman received 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of production of child pornography.