LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — A former English youth soccer coach has been found guilty of sexually abusing more young players.
Barry Bennell, who has previously received three jail sentences for offenses against children, was found guilty of fresh sex charges linked to 10 complainants at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday.
The jury will return Wednesday to deliberate on charges involving further complainants.
The latest case against the 64-year-old Bennell, relating to abuse covering a period from 1979 to 1990, was sparked by some former players waiving their right to anonymity to speak publicly in 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Washington tops all states in anti-corruption ranking
Boys coached by Bennell told the trial how he had a power hold over them as they dreamed of becoming professional players.