LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — A former English youth soccer coach has been found guilty of sexually abusing more young players.
Barry Bennell, who has previously received three jail sentences for offenses against children, was found guilty of fresh sex charges linked to 10 complainants at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday.
The jury will return Wednesday to deliberate on charges involving further complainants.
The latest case against the 64-year-old Bennell, relating to abuse covering a period from 1979 to 1990, was sparked by some former players waiving their right to anonymity to speak publicly in 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Boys coached by Bennell told the trial how he had a power hold over them as they dreamed of becoming professional players.