BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A 26-year-old former Boy Scout leader who took sexually explicit pictures of a sleeping 16-year-old boy has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Daniel Huzinec (HEWE’-zihn-ehk), of Buffalo, was sentenced on his federal child pornography conviction Friday. He’ll be on lifetime supervised release after he serves the prison time.
The investigation began in December 2014 when Huzinec shared photos of boys engaged in sexual activities on a peer-to-peer website.
Federal prosecutors say he also posed as a teenage girl online and enticed a 15-year-old former member of his Boy Scout troop to email him explicit pictures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19