BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A 26-year-old former Boy Scout leader who took sexually explicit pictures of a sleeping 16-year-old boy has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Daniel Huzinec (HEWE’-zihn-ehk), of Buffalo, was sentenced on his federal child pornography conviction Friday. He’ll be on lifetime supervised release after he serves the prison time.
The investigation began in December 2014 when Huzinec shared photos of boys engaged in sexual activities on a peer-to-peer website.
Federal prosecutors say he also posed as a teenage girl online and enticed a 15-year-old former member of his Boy Scout troop to email him explicit pictures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Lucky player in Seattle suburb wins $754.6M Powerball prize
- Boebert, Greene, Cruz and others decry ‘demonic’ Grammys
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- Who should get a COVID booster now? New data offers some clarity
- White people have flocked back to city centers — and transformed them