LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A former Little Rock police officer has been ordered to pay more than $382,000 in attorney’s fees and costs to the mother of a 15-year-old boy he fatally shot.
Attorney Austin Porter Jr. told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette on Friday that Josh Hastings is to pay Sylvia Perkins, who is the mother of Bobby Moore III. Hastings fatally shot Moore in 2012 while investigating car break-ins.
Hastings was found liable in April for the shooting and ordered to pay $415,000 to Perkins.
Hastings was fired for violating department rules during the shooting. He was charged with manslaughter, but two trials ended in hung juries and the charge was dropped.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
Perkins said he’s also appealing to reinstate the city and Police Chief Stuart Thomas in the civil lawsuit after they were dismissed before the case went to trial.
Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.arkansasonline.com