WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A former Dover Air Force Base airman been sentenced to 30 months in prison for sexually abusing a teenage runaway.
Twenty-one-year-old Akeem Beazer of Pompano Beach, Florida, had faced up to 15 years in prison at Wednesday’s sentencing, but sentencing guidelines called for 24 to 30 months behind bars. Beazer pleaded guilty in September to sexual abuse of a minor.
Another former airman, 25-year-old Dalian Washington of Philadelphia, will be sentenced Feb. 21. He faces at least 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to child sex trafficking.
The two were arrested in April after a young teen, who officials say had a troubled home life and often lived on the street, told a social worker that she had stayed on the military base and had sex with service members.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect