BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — Organizers in Butte have canceled this summer’s Evel Knievel Days festival due to a lack of funding.
Organizers announced the cancellation on Monday. KTVM-TV reports organizers of the event that celebrates the city’s famous motorcycle daredevil were only able to come up with a fraction of the needed sponsorship money.
They said asking Butte businesses to shoulder the costs of multiple events within a few weeks of each other is unfair and unsustainable.
Butte holds a Freedom Festival July 3-4 and the Montana Folk Festival July 13-15. Knievel Days were scheduled for July 26-28 and the Irish festival An Ri Rah is set for Aug. 10-12.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Knievel Days had been held for 16 years.
Information from: KTVM-TV, http://www.ktvm.com