DESTREHAN, La. (AP) — A prosperity gospel televangelist is asking disciples to “pray about becoming a partner” to his mission of obtaining a $54 million private jet.
The Louisiana-based ministry of Jesse Duplantis has already paid cash for three other private planes, but he says God told him “I want you to believe in me for a Falcon 7X.”
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports that Duplantis made the pitch to his followers in the May 21 edition of his weekly video address.
Duplantis says the three-engine plane would allow the ministry to fly “anywhere in the world in one stop,” reducing fuel costs while maintaining a global reach.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- U.S. mountaineer’s body found two days after avalanche on peak in Nepal
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Duplantis says Jesus Christ “wouldn’t be riding a donkey” today — “he’d be in an airplane flying all over the world.”
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com