EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — A Eugene high school teacher has been named 2019 Oregon Teacher of the year.
Keri Pilgrim Ricker accepted the award at an assembly Tuesday at Churchill High, where she teaches health occupation classes.
Ricker says she’s honored and humbled. She credited the work of teachers and staff across the state.
The Register-Guard reports that Ricker coordinates and teaches the school’s career and technical education health services pathway, which includes classes such as anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and health sciences.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
As teacher of the year, she’ll spend the next year serving as an ambassador on behalf of all Oregon teachers.