EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — A Eugene high school teacher has been named 2019 Oregon Teacher of the year.
Keri Pilgrim Ricker accepted the award at an assembly Tuesday at Churchill High, where she teaches health occupation classes.
Ricker says she’s honored and humbled. She credited the work of teachers and staff across the state.
The Register-Guard reports that Ricker coordinates and teaches the school’s career and technical education health services pathway, which includes classes such as anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and health sciences.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
As teacher of the year, she’ll spend the next year serving as an ambassador on behalf of all Oregon teachers.