EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — A Eugene high school teacher has been named 2019 Oregon Teacher of the year.
Keri Pilgrim Ricker accepted the award at an assembly Tuesday at Churchill High, where she teaches health occupation classes.
Ricker says she’s honored and humbled. She credited the work of teachers and staff across the state.
The Register-Guard reports that Ricker coordinates and teaches the school’s career and technical education health services pathway, which includes classes such as anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and health sciences.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
As teacher of the year, she’ll spend the next year serving as an ambassador on behalf of all Oregon teachers.