WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A former financial services executive has pleaded guilty in the 2016 death of his estranged wife, a prominent doctor, in their suburban New York home.
Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino Jr. announced Tuesday that Julius Reich has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Dr. Robin Goldman, a pediatrician, was stabbed multiple times as she took a shower. She still shared a Scarsdale home with Reich while they were getting a divorce.
The prosecutor says the victim’s adult children expressed a “strong desire” to “avoid the trauma of a trial.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake
- U.S. mountaineer’s body found two days after avalanche on peak in Nepal
- Ian swamps southwest Florida, trapping people in homes