TOWN OF ROYALTON, Wis. (AP) — Sheriff’s investigators say the deaths of a couple found fatally shot in a vehicle that had veered off a road in Waupaca County appears to be a murder-suicide case.
Dispatchers received a report of a vehicle in the ditch with two people who appeared unconscious about 8 a.m. Tuesday in the Town of Royalton. Emergency personnel found a 32-year-old woman behind the wheel and her 51-year-old husband dead of gunshot wounds. They were identified Wednesday as John and Cori Cummings.
Authorities say the two were separated and living apart. Surveillance video from a nearby supper club shows the man getting into his wife’s vehicle, which crashed shortly after it left the parking lot.
Officers say an empty handgun holster was found in the man’s vehicle which was left in the parking lot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.