CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt will visit Wyoming’s main coal producing region later this month.
Wyoming Republican U.S. Sen. John Barrasso says Pruitt’s visit on March 29 will be an opportunity to showcase the state’s world-class coal operations and cutting-edge energy research.
Pruitt’s visit will highlight Wyoming’s coal-mining operations, as well as the state’s commitment to reclamation and environmental stewardship.
Wyoming is the nation’s leading producer of coal, accounting for about 40 percent of America’s total coal production.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events