BEND, Ore. — Enrollment at Oregon State’s branch campus in Bend jumped 7 percent this fall.
The university says 1,204 students are enrolled at OSU-Cascades, including 81 who are first-year students. By comparison, Oregon State’s main campus in Corvallis grew by 0.4 percent.
The Bulletin newspaper reports that 92 percent of the students are from Oregon and 67 percent are from Central Oregon.
OSU-Cascades expanded to a four-year university when it welcomed its first freshman class in fall 2015. Its new campus opened a year later and there are plans to expand onto nearby property.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com