BEND, Ore. — Enrollment at Oregon State’s branch campus in Bend jumped 7 percent this fall.
The university says 1,204 students are enrolled at OSU-Cascades, including 81 who are first-year students. By comparison, Oregon State’s main campus in Corvallis grew by 0.4 percent.
The Bulletin newspaper reports that 92 percent of the students are from Oregon and 67 percent are from Central Oregon.
OSU-Cascades expanded to a four-year university when it welcomed its first freshman class in fall 2015. Its new campus opened a year later and there are plans to expand onto nearby property.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- UPDATE: Throw out romaine lettuce from SW Arizona, CDC warns as E. coli spreads
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- Democratic party files lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, alleging conspiracy to influence the election
- Court: Sotomayor shoulder injury worse than first thought
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com