BEND, Ore. — Enrollment at Oregon State’s branch campus in Bend jumped 7 percent this fall.
The university says 1,204 students are enrolled at OSU-Cascades, including 81 who are first-year students. By comparison, Oregon State’s main campus in Corvallis grew by 0.4 percent.
The Bulletin newspaper reports that 92 percent of the students are from Oregon and 67 percent are from Central Oregon.
OSU-Cascades expanded to a four-year university when it welcomed its first freshman class in fall 2015. Its new campus opened a year later and there are plans to expand onto nearby property.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opens to the public in Seattle VIEW
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington
- Analysis | Why did the Seahawks move on from Kris Richard as defensive coordinator? A look at the numbers
- All Seattle’s new wealth couldn’t save many homeowners from foreclosure | PNW Magazine
- Amazon Go draws crowds: How does it work? Answers to questions on the new retail store
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com