JESSUP, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland have charged two men with attempted murder in an attack on the employer of one of the men.
Howard County Police said in a news release Thursday that 20-year-old Malcolm Littlejohn and 48-year-old Eric Exum were arrested this week.
Investigators say Exum’s employer, 52-year-old Paul Albritton, drove Exum to a gas station in Jessup in October. Police say Albritton went into the store while Exum stayed in the car.
Authorities say when Albritton returned, Littlejohn hit him in the head with a two-by-four wooden board.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?
Detectives say Exum was in phone contact with Littlejohn before the attack, including a call shortly before Albritton was assaulted.
Police say Albritton is in a long-term care facility.
The public defender representing Exum and Littlejohn could not be reached for comment.