JESSUP, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland have charged two men with attempted murder in an attack on the employer of one of the men.
Howard County Police said in a news release Thursday that 20-year-old Malcolm Littlejohn and 48-year-old Eric Exum were arrested this week.
Investigators say Exum’s employer, 52-year-old Paul Albritton, drove Exum to a gas station in Jessup in October. Police say Albritton went into the store while Exum stayed in the car.
Authorities say when Albritton returned, Littlejohn hit him in the head with a two-by-four wooden board.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Detectives say Exum was in phone contact with Littlejohn before the attack, including a call shortly before Albritton was assaulted.
Police say Albritton is in a long-term care facility.
The public defender representing Exum and Littlejohn could not be reached for comment.