ARTHUR, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say an electrical malfunction probably caused the fire that destroyed a popular dance barn in eastern North Dakota last week.
The Cass County Sheriff’s Office says the fire started on the ground level of Arthur’s Barn near the electrical junction box.
The sheriff’s office and the state fire marshal’s office on Tuesday identified the probable cause of the fire that destroyed the venue formerly known as Johnson’s Barn.
Firefighters from Gardner, Arthur, Hunter and Grandin responded to the blaze Thursday afternoon. No one was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- The coming California megastorm
The barn hosted hundreds of events through the years.