WILDWOOD CREST, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man is in critical condition Tuesday, days after nearly drowning following a suspected electric shock in a south Jersey shore motel pool over the holiday weekend.
Witnesses say 34-year-old Greg Subiszak was spotted face down in the Aztec Motel pool Saturday night in the town of Wildwood Crest.
A teenager who tried to save Subiszak, of Fair Lawn, New Jersey, tells WPVI-TV that his body tensed up and began shaking after jumping in. A maintenance worker shut off the electricity and pulled Subiszak out. The worker and a guest performed CPR. Subiszak is hospitalized in Philadelphia.
Motel owner Adamo Pipitone says the pool will stay closed until it’s cleared to reopen by county health officials. He speculates a short in a lamp post is to blame.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker
Police are investigating.