RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Saturday marks one of two weekend opportunities for Virginia voters to cast an in-person absentee ballot.
All election offices will be open Saturday, as well as the following Saturday, Nov. 4, for Virginia residents who are qualified to vote absentee. In-person absentee voting also is available during local registrars’ normal business hours.
There are 20 qualifying reasons to vote absentee, including illness, pregnancy, a long commute that would keep you from getting to the polls, and more. A full list can be found online .
Voters can also request an absentee ballot by mail. The Department of Elections said in a news release that voters should apply well ahead of the Oct. 31 deadline.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Election Day is Nov. 7.